Sunday, March 11, 2012

I am thankful for: Skype

I live away from my family and we use Skype quite a bit to stay in touch and so the grandparents and other relatives can see the toddler (yes, after you have a child no one wants to visit or even less see you, they just want to see the baby and thank you for making dinner...). Today, however, was special because two family members, whom I see rarely and almost never respectively were visiting my father and we skyped a bit in the middle of their hectic visit. We just talked for a few minutes, and the picture and sound quality weren't great, but it was still very nice to see them and hear their voice. 

Since are visits are sadly few and far between I'm sure the Skype call will be something I will cherish for a long time and I'm thankful for the technology that allowed me to see them and talk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment