Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am thankful for: relief and fun

I'm equally thankful for two things today. First, I took the second exam in two days and think I did ok. Both exams are pass/fail and I think I did enough to pass both. So I'm obviously relieved that I'm done with those and that I can now focus on my teaching duties which I have somewhat neglected in the past couple of weeks. I have a mountain of corrections to do and a bit of planning to think about, and now I can just sit down and do that without the added stress of the exams. 

Also, as I posted earlier I won a prize from a draw on the Knit One Heart Too podcast and the book arrived today.  It's New Knits on the Block by Vickie Howell, and it's a whole bunch of projects for kids, either costumes or accessories. Some of the projects Lilia is too young for, but there are quite a few that are just so cute, including a bowling set!  Yes, you can knit bowling pins and a bowling ball!!  Just adorable. So I'm thankful for this gift, first because it's very generous of Sheila and Wendy to give their viewers prizes, but also because the projects are so much fun I had a great time going through the book. It allowed me to relax after a rather stressful day and boosted my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment