Sunday, March 18, 2012

I am thankful for: flowers, strawberries and a project bag!

Today I had a meeting of the knitting club at my place and I just had a wonderful afternoon. We talked about cuff-down vs. toe-up socks, bamboo yarn, our projects, kitchener stitches, mothers-in-law, the Department of Non-Immigration, vitamin D deficiency, tea, 900 guest weddings, straight vs. circular needles and spinning wheels.

It was a relaxing, fun afternoon with wonderful guests and was just thankful to have been able to host the meet. 


There was also a feel of spring in the air yesterday, and it was amplified by the lovely bouquet of tulips that one of the guests brought. She also brough strawberries which were delicious. There will be no pictures of the strawberries as...well....they are all gone :-)

Another guest made me this lovely (LOVELY) project bag, which is now holding my Spectra scarf, and very cute stitch markers which are already in use as I cast on another La-la-love-you cowl last night. 

So a wonderful afternoon with wonderful guests. And for a very very long time I always thought going to other people's places was more fun than having people at my place, especially because I thought having guests was just a hassle, with all the cleaning and the prepping and the stress of making everything look good, but hubby did an amazing job on the cleaning, and I really enjoyed making the muffins and cake in the morning (experience now allows me to bake completely relaxed, in the company and with the help of my toddler) and hosting the afternoon. I'm not the hostess with the mostess, but I really enjoyed it and I believe my guests did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment