Sunday, March 18, 2012

I am thankful for: control

(I needed a bit of a break from blogging, so I'm now writing for the last three days, this particularly one being for Friday. I have found that even the days when I don't actually write the blog, I still think about what I'm going to write, and therefore what I am thankful for.)

Today ended my crazy period. The intensive university gathering which included two tests is over, a plan has been made for the classes I'm subbing for, I've created projects that will keep the students busy for a while, I've gotten hold of the official school calendar so that I know exactly what's coming up (exams, prep exams etc) and uni papers will only come one at a time from now on. 

I haven't felt like I had any kind of control over what I was doing for the past month or so (mostly because the subbing situation was so uncertain, and because I was so exhausted from working that my studying was lagging behind) so now I feel quite relieved. I made a list of everything I have to do, and I have a lot (A LOT) of correcting and grading to do, but at least now I know what I need to do. 

So thanks to all that I've had a very relaxing week-end, and I even look forward to going to school early tomorrow morning to work on that to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment