Monday, March 5, 2012

I am thankful for: pretty yarn

I ordered sock yarn from Gnome Acres in the There is No Place Like Gnome colourway, and though the skein is lovely, the yarn looked a bit so-so to me when I made the ball. Still, I cast on to make myself a sock, reminding myself that I had picked that colourway for all the bright colours and it would just be a fun and light coloured sock. Well, I just finished the first sock (pictures when I have time...) and I must say, I love it. I improvised a bit on the pattern, though it's a simple top-down, afterthought heel sock and it just looks lovely on my foot. It fits perfectly too.  

So three cheers for lovely yarn which makes simple projects look special, instead of having to use dull yarn and being forced to work cables or lace with it to make it look nice. There is more and more fun yarn (variegated, self-striping, gradient) out there so knitting will just get more and more fun, without getting more and more complicated. I'm not against complicated, but when I'm tired and I'm knitting to relax, fun and simple is quite ok with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment