Saturday, March 3, 2012

I am thankful for: compliments

Today I received two compliments at work. One from a colleague (via another colleague) and one from the head of my department. So I am thankful for the first colleague for talking positively about me to others, to the second colleague for taking the time to tell me and adding that she agreed, and for the head of my department for slipping in a compliment in an otherwise very business-like discussion which didn't require any.

Compliments are very easy to give: they are free, require very little energy, can be quick and simple and yet always hit the spot. 

I don't know why we don't give each other more. And I'm as guilty as anyone else. Maybe this blog is all wrong. Maybe instead of saying what I am thankful for each day I should make sure that I give at least one compliment a day to someone. I was just thinking it would be a good idea for 2013, but maybe I should start right away. Maybe we should all start right away. 

I probably won't, but I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment