Monday, February 27, 2012

I am thankful for: a walk home

I don't like walking to work because it's a 20/25 minute uphill walk that always leaves me completely breathless, which is not ideal right before I have to teach...  But I enjoy the walk home, which is a short 15 minute downhill. As I don't like the way up, I often take the car, which means I don't get to walk home, but today I took the bus up and got to walk down. The temperature is more clement, the ice has become less-lethal snow, and after a long day at work and a lot left to do in the evening and the rest of the week it was nice to get a bit of fresh air. 

Of course I could just go out for a walk later, but after we have cooked dinner, eaten and put the toddler to bed, I'm usually very happy to settle down on the couch. So the walks come once in a while, and on those days when it's not raining, when I'm not hurrying home and when I can just enjoy the music in my ears and the fresh air around me, I really enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment