Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I am thankful for: getting things done

I'm a procrastinator, always have been and always will be. Acknowledging that I will always be one is quite useful because I can plan accordingly, instead of trying to convince myself that no, this time I will do things ahead (or on time) and then finding myself in a bind when I don't. 

So lately I've had a lot to do, and I will have more and more as the semester goes on, but I had to get grades in and had a couple of meetings in connection with that, and I finished everything on time and had very pleasant and productive meetings as a consequence. So I spent the rest of the day napping and knitting, with this satisfactory feeling in my heart (surrounded by a rather sore feeling in the rest of my body since I'm still recovering from the car crash, but it is not as sore as I thought it would be and I'm definitively on the mends). 

No, this does not mean that I will learn from today and stop procrastinating in the future, I just know I won't, so I am just enjoying the moment for what it is, a rare and fulfilling occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment